We’ve all had those mornings when we wake up with no time to spare for our hair, or when we simply don’t want to deal with a styling battle. Don’t worry – you can try one of these ultra-quick and stylish hairstyles to get you ready and out the door in no time. Well, maybe a few minutes if you’re new to them, but practice makes perfect, right? Below, we’ve compiled a comprehensive list of wash-and-go hairstyles, and we guarantee that the results will save you both time and effort.
In just a few easy steps, you can transform your lifeless, frizzy, or bedhead hair into a chic and unique beauty look. Whether you prefer different variations of the top knot or opt for a super-simple crown braid, there’s an array of effortless style options to choose from. Ahead, you’ll find these beginner-friendly styles suitable for every hair texture and length. They’ll ensure that you look put-together, even on those days when your hair seems to have a mind of its own. Welcome to a week of fabulous hair days.
Quick Instructions Before You Get Started
Choosing the right hairstyle to complement your face shape can greatly enhance your overall appearance. Here are some guidelines tailored to specific face shapes:
1. Round Face:
- Face-framing layers: These layers can add definition and structure to your round face, creating a more balanced look.
- Side-swept hairstyles: Styles that feature a side-swept element can help elongate the appearance of your face, reducing the roundness.
- Bangs or a fringe: Bangs can break up the roundness of your face and add a stylish touch.
- High updos: Updos that are positioned higher on the head can create the illusion of added height, which complements a round face.
- Middle parting: A middle parting can provide symmetry to your look.
2. Oval Face:
- An oval face shape is versatile and suits most medium-length hairstyles.
- Avoid straight or blunt cuts, as they may not enhance the natural proportions of your face.
3. Square Face:
- Layered cuts: Layers soften the angles of a square face and add a touch of femininity.
- Long curtain or choppy bangs: These styles can help balance the strong jawline and forehead.
- Side part: A side part can create asymmetry and reduce the squareness of the face.
4. Heart-Shaped Face:
- Long layers: Long layers can complement the broader forehead and narrower chin, creating balance.
- Lobs (long bobs): Lobs are a great choice for heart-shaped faces.
- Piecey bangs: Bangs that are separated into individual pieces can soften the forehead.
- Side parting: A side part can draw attention to the well-defined cheekbones and soften the forehead.
5. Oblong Face:
- Angled layers near the cheeks: These layers can add width to the middle of the face.
- Choppy bangs: Bangs with an irregular, textured appearance can break up the length of the face.
- Side-parted hair: A side part can add asymmetry and reduce the appearance of length.
Remember that while these guidelines provide helpful suggestions, personal style, and preferences also play a significant role in choosing the perfect hairstyle. Consulting with a professional stylist can help you customize your look to suit your unique features and personality.
Wash-and-Go Hairstyles for Short Hair
Whether you’ve overslept or require a speedy last-minute look, you can be confident that you won’t encounter any hair mishaps here. Try these wash-and-go hairstyles for short hair.
We have a soft spot for effortless braided hairstyles that are perfect for the workplace. Here’s a nifty trick, especially handy if your bangs are a bit unruly: try French braiding or two-strand twisting your hair from one temple to the other. Secure the end with a discreet hairpin or a small elastic near your ear on the opposite side. A light spritz of hairspray will help keep the style in place, allowing you to step out confidently with a chic and put-together look.
French Twist for Short Hair
Creating a French twist with short hair might seem like a daunting task, but it’s entirely achievable. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you master this elegant hairstyle:
- Gather Your Hair: Start by bringing all your hair to one side. Ensure that it’s sleek and tidy before proceeding.
- Secure with Bobby Pins: Use a few bobby pins to secure the gathered hair in place on the side. This step is crucial to keep your short hair organized during the twist.
- Tease the Remaining Hair: With the secured portion in place, tease or backcomb the remaining hair slightly. This will provide some volume and texture, making it easier to work with.
- Create the Twist: Carefully gather the teased hair towards the back of your head, creating a twist. Keep the twist tight and compact.
- Use a Small Elastic: Once you’ve twisted the hair, secure it with a small elastic at the very end of the twist. This will help maintain the twist’s shape and prevent your short hair from unraveling.
- Secure with Bobby Pins: To ensure the French twist stays in place, use two bobby pins. Place one at the top of the twist and another at the bottom, anchoring it securely.
With these steps, you’ve successfully achieved a French twist with short hair. It’s a simple yet effective hack that can elevate your look, adding an elegant and sophisticated touch to your hairstyle. Voila!
90’s Half Pony
The 90s are making a comeback, and they’re a major source of inspiration for many of today’s hair trends. One of these trends includes the adorable half ponytail, even for those with short hair. To get this stylish look, do the following:
- Create a Front Triangle: Start by leaving out a small triangular section of hair at the front of your head. This section will frame your face and add a trendy touch to the style.
- Gather the Horseshoe Section: Now, gather the hair in the horseshoe-shaped section at the crown of your head. This is the portion of hair that extends from ear to ear, meeting at the back.
- Secure the Half Ponytail: Use an elastic or hair tie to secure this gathered hair into a half ponytail. Leave out the hair near your hairline; this framing effect is a key element of the look.
- Fluff Your Pony: To finish off the style, gently fluff and tousle your ponytail. This adds volume and texture, giving it that effortless and chic appearance.
With these steps, you’ve effortlessly recreated the 90s-inspired half ponytail for short hair. It’s a cute and nostalgic trend that can be a fantastic addition to your modern hairstyle repertoire.
Wash-and-Go Hairstyles for Medium Hair
Medium-length hair is truly versatile, offering the perfect balance between convenience and style. It’s a length that can be expertly shaped into a flattering look, requiring minimal daily styling effort. Try these three wash-and-go hairstyles options for medium-length hairs.
Puffed Up Pony
To create an effortlessly elegant hairstyle that can be achieved in just a matter of minutes, follow these simple steps. Begin by leaving approximately 2 inches of your front hair untouched, framing your forehead beautifully. Next, gather the remaining hair into a ponytail, securing it neatly at the back.
To add a touch of volume and dimension to your hairstyle, gently tease or fluff the hair at your crown. This subtle lift will enhance the overall look.
Now, for the finishing touch that truly elevates this style, reach for a texturizing spray. Lightly mist it over your front hair, providing a tousled and slightly undone appearance. With your front hair now texturized, sweep it gracefully across the side of your crown, allowing it to merge seamlessly with the rest of your hair.
Achieving a stunning and effortlessly chic look akin to that of Gal Gadot is a quick and straightforward process. Here’s a detailed step-by-step guide:
- Preparation: Start with freshly combed hair to ensure that your mane is smooth and tangle-free. To enhance the texture and hold of your hairstyle, generously spritz texturizing spray evenly throughout your hair. This step is crucial for creating that Gal Gadot-inspired flair.
- High Bun: You should gather all of your hair at the top of your head. The key here is to position the bun high up, similar to Gal Gadot’s signature style. Use a hair tie or bobby pins to secure your hair in place as you twist it into a high bun. Ensure that the bun is neat and well-shaped.
- Crown Volume: To add a touch of volume and sophistication, gently tug at the hair on top of your head, around the crown area. This slight teasing creates a subtle lift, making your high bun even more elegant and eye-catching.
- Final Touch: With your chic high bun perfectly in place and the crown hair providing volume, you’re ready to step out with confidence and style. This look is not only effortless but also exudes a sense of glamour, just like Gal Gadot herself.
Whether you’re heading to a formal event or simply want to elevate your everyday style, this hairdo is a fantastic choice. It embodies the essence of chic simplicity and can be achieved in a matter of minutes.
Click Here: 12 Most Popular Chinese Hairstyles For Women
Side-Parted Hair With Curled Ends
For an effortlessly stylish and attention-grabbing hairdo, consider creating a side part with curled ends. This look strikes the perfect balance between simplicity and allure. Here’s a more detailed guide to achieving it:
- Preparation: Begin by applying a generous amount of volumizing mousse to your hair. This step helps to give your hair body and texture, which is essential for creating those captivating curls.
- Part Your Hair: Create a distinct side part in your hair. You can choose which side you prefer, depending on your face shape and personal style. This side part adds a touch of sophistication to the look.
- Hair Placement: Bring the bulk of your hair to the front. This ensures that the beautifully curled ends will be prominently displayed, drawing attention to your hairstyle.
- Curling: To achieve those stunning curls at the ends of your hair, use large barrel curlers. Take small sections of your hair and wrap them around the curler, holding for a few seconds before releasing. Continue this process until all the ends of your hair have been curled. This technique creates loose, voluminous curls that add a touch of glamour to your overall look.
- Finishing Touch: Once your ends are curled to your satisfaction, you can gently run your fingers through the curls to separate them slightly for a more natural and relaxed appearance. Alternatively, you can use a light-hold hairspray to set the curls in place.
This hairdo is versatile and can be worn for various occasions, from casual outings to more formal events. It’s a simple yet eye-catching style that effortlessly enhances your overall appearance, making you look and feel your best.
Wash-and-Go Hairstyles for Long Hair
Whether you’re getting ready for a formal event or just heading to the office, these adorable and straightforward long-hair hairstyles are bound to receive compliments no matter where you go.
Consider opting for a charming and feminine braided hairstyle like the flower braid. This particular look is characterized by the delightful flower shape formed with your hair. Long hair serves as the ideal canvas for all braided styles and updos, thanks to its versatility and ease of manipulation.
With longer locks, you have the freedom to pull your hair away from your face, creating a central bun while allowing the remaining strands to flow gracefully downward—a perfect embodiment of the half-up, half-down hairstyle. What’s great about this choice is that it’s not as challenging to achieve as it might seem, making it an excellent option for special occasions. This hairstyle adds a touch of elegance and is sure to leave a lasting impression.
Beach Wave Curls
Beach waves are a delightful hairstyle featuring soft, natural-looking waves that give the impression of having just enjoyed a day at the beach. These waves have a subtly tousled and slightly messy appearance, celebrating the beauty of your hair’s inherent texture.
The charm of beach waves lies in their ability to infuse volume and movement into your hair, which can be incredibly flattering for any hair type. This style pairs exceptionally well with balayage highlights, imparting a sun-kissed radiance that lightens and enhances your overall look.
To achieve this style, simply arrange the waves so they cascade gently around your face, creating a flattering frame that accentuates your facial features. Beach waves are a timeless and effortlessly chic option, perfect for both casual and more formal occasions.
Rope Braid Ponytail
While the classic ponytail is an easy go-to hairstyle, why not elevate your look with a touch of creativity by opting for a rope-braid ponytail? This unique twist on the traditional ponytail involves the art of crafting a rope-like braid by intertwining two hair sections, creating a distinct and visually captivating effect.
To achieve the rope braid ponytail, start by dividing your hair into manageable sections, then skillfully twist and style it as desired. What makes this hairstyle truly exceptional is its simplicity—it demands minimal effort and styling time, yet it yields an ultra-chic result. This playful twist on the classic ponytail adds a stylish dimension to your overall appearance, making it a superb choice for a range of occasions.
Find Here: 10 Hottest Hair Color Ideas for 2023
Easy Tips to Maintain Everyday Hair
Here are some easy tips to help you maintain your everyday hair:
- Regular Washing: Keep your hair clean by washing it regularly with a suitable shampoo and conditioner. How often you wash your hair may depend on your hair type, but generally, 2-3 times a week is a good guideline.
- Proper Conditioning: Ensure that you use a conditioner that suits your hair type. Apply it mainly to the ends of your hair to prevent dryness and split ends. For extra moisture, use a deep conditioner or hair mask once a week.
- Gentle Drying: Avoid rough towel drying, as this can lead to hair breakage. Instead, gently pat your hair with a soft towel to remove excess moisture.
- Heat Styling Precautions: If you use heat-styling tools like straighteners or curling irons, apply a heat protectant spray before styling to prevent damage. Try to limit the use of such tools and use them on the lowest heat setting necessary.
- Trim Regularly: Get your hair trimmed every 6-8 weeks to remove split ends and maintain a healthy appearance.
- Balanced Diet: A nutritious diet with plenty of vitamins and minerals, especially those like biotin and omega-3 fatty acids, can promote healthy hair growth.
- Stay Hydrated: Drink an adequate amount of water to keep your hair hydrated from the inside out.
By following these simple tips, you can maintain healthy and beautiful hair for your everyday look.
Incorporating low-maintenance wash-and-go hairstyles into your daily routine can simplify your life and keep you looking effortlessly stylish. These versatile styles offer convenience and versatility for everyday wear. Whether you’re a busy professional, a student on the go, or just someone who values simplicity, these hairstyles are a great choice. Experiment with these options to find the one that suits your personality and lifestyle best.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
While many wash-and-go styles work well for a variety of hair types, it’s essential to choose styles that complement your hair’s natural texture. Consult with a hairstylist to find the best low-maintenance look for your specific hair type.
To prolong the lifespan of your wash-and-go style, use hair products designed for your hair type, such as leave-in conditioners or curl-enhancing creams. Additionally, consider using a silk or satin pillowcase to reduce friction and preserve your hairstyle overnight.
Yes, many wash-and-go styles can be dressed up for formal events or special occasions. You can accessorize with hairpins, headbands, or decorative clips to add an elegant touch to your look.
While wash-and-go styles are often associated with longer hair, there are low-maintenance options for short hair as well. Pixie cuts, short bobs, and tapered styles can all be styled with minimal effort for easy everyday wear.